Hi,
So I sorta got into blogging while myself and my mates were trippin through Europe (http://euronaboat.blogspot.com), so I thought it'd be a good way to keep in touch with my American pals while I am abroad.
Abroad you ask? Yes, there's been a change of plans and I'm now working in London instead of NYC.
Here's how it happened. After interning and receiving a full time offer from Lehman Brothers last summer, I thought I was out of a job when Lehman went bankrupt in September. Fortunately, Barclays, who bought Lehman, honored the Lehman offers, and I was slated to work full time in New York at the same offices, same job function etc. Jordan, Matt Curtis, Austin Regan and I were planning on living together in the city, so when I learned that there were some openings in the London Barclays HQ in January, 2009, I shrugged it off. By April, however, my best mates were still without jobs, so it was looking uncertain as to where they would be working and living. So I decided to contact Barclays about the London position, and within a few weeks I scheduled an interview.
Interviewed over the phone while I was on a train from Hamburg to Berlin, and, despite dropping the phone call at least four times due to bad reception (insert expletives-filled flashback) seemed to jive well enough with my interviewers. They thought the same, and offered me a position on the equity research team in London. Since London is just ramping up that division they are still filling out many positions, meaning more flexibility as to what I'll be doing. Right now it looks like it'll be something more on the strategy side than 'fundamental research' as they call it. Not sure yet, but I think I'd prefer this as well. Neato.
My friend Zach wants to play dota now, so I'm gonna call 'r quits. I'll fill in more details later, but as for now I have a temporary place to stay in London, and I'll be moving out there on July 16.
Shalom,
- Josh
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment